Helping young adults face the day-to-day challenges positively
Life Skills for Young Adults
According to the World Health Organisation: “Life Skills are the abilities that help us to adapt and behave positively so that we can deal effectively with challenges of everyday life.”
Why are life skills important for children and young people?
Life skills are important because they give children and young people more control to improve their lives. We believe life skills programs have an impact on behavior and choices made by children.
Core focus of the course
Students will pick up the skills and attributes that they normally do not acquire in the traditional and formal education system. These functional skills will last them a lifetime and include:
• Leadership and teamwork
• Self awareness and social awareness
• Goal setting and target achievement
• Social and environmental awareness
• Creative and critical thinking
• Practical application of knowledge
• Personality and positive attitude